The Kenya Film Classification Board is a parastatal under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts with a regulatory role under part III of the films and Stage plays act cap.222 of the of laws of Kenya. The Act has empowered the Board to regulate film and broadcast content to ensure that they conform to the national aspirations .Read more...
Professionalism, Fairness and impartiality, Quality of service, Integrity, Honesty, Stewardship, Teamwork, Continuous improvement
•Regulate film and broadcast content
• Sensitization of the stakeholders and the public
• Examination and classifying films
• Carry out research on best practice in content regulation
• Issue licenses within 15 minutes after application
• Examination and classification of films and posters to be done immediately as requested by cinema theatres
Kenya Film Classification Board is a State Corporation mandated by the Films and Stage Plays Act, Cap 222 Laws of Kenya to regulate the creation, broadcasting, possession, distribution and exhibition of films by rating films in order to maintain public order and uphold national values.Read more...
P.O Box 44226 Nairobi 00100 Kenya
0711 222204/ 0773 753355